No to deckchair
Do we need anything on the Heywood Road roundabout? Aren’t the signposts enough?
A giant deckchair is an appalling idea. It will be distracting for drivers, let alone a danger in gale force winds.
Whatever next? We have Stickelpath Stonehenge in Barnstaple and the proposed Verity statue in Ilfracombe.
What is the obsession with decorating roundabouts?
I would suggest they are left as they are, but, if we must have something, Peter Christie’s suggestion of a lighthouse is much more appropriate.
You may also want to watch:
A giant deckchair?
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 3 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 4 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 5 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 6 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 7 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 8 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
Mrs H R Cawsey