No to deckchair
Do we need anything on the Heywood Road roundabout? Aren’t the signposts enough?
A giant deckchair is an appalling idea. It will be distracting for drivers, let alone a danger in gale force winds.
Whatever next? We have Stickelpath Stonehenge in Barnstaple and the proposed Verity statue in Ilfracombe.
What is the obsession with decorating roundabouts?
I would suggest they are left as they are, but, if we must have something, Peter Christie’s suggestion of a lighthouse is much more appropriate.
You may also want to watch:
A giant deckchair?
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple
- 8 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 9 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
- 10 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
Mrs H R Cawsey