No smoke without...
I recently attended North Devon District Hospital in Barnstaple, where I received the highest standard of care and courtesy from the staff, and would like to say thanks to them.
However, I was shocked on approaching the entrance, where a number of patients were smoking while sitting outside under a very large notice which said “This is a no-smoking site.”
I found this appalling and was told by a member of staff to who I commented that: “The nurses tell them it’s OK.”
Perhaps the hospital authorities could advise if they will clamp down on this practice.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 3 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 4 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 5 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 6 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 7 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 8 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
- 9 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 10 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton