No smoke without...
I recently attended North Devon District Hospital in Barnstaple, where I received the highest standard of care and courtesy from the staff, and would like to say thanks to them.
However, I was shocked on approaching the entrance, where a number of patients were smoking while sitting outside under a very large notice which said “This is a no-smoking site.”
I found this appalling and was told by a member of staff to who I commented that: “The nurses tell them it’s OK.”
Perhaps the hospital authorities could advise if they will clamp down on this practice.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 7 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 8 World’s Biggest Macmillan Coffee Morning backed by North Devon MP
- 9 Devon Police commissioner commits to tackling gender violence
- 10 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal