'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- Credit: Joseph Bulmer
Two out of Bideford's four petrol stations are closed this evening with huge queues disrupting traffic at the other two.
Reports are coming into the Gazette from across North Devon of petrol stations closing due to a lack of fuel.
One petrol station worker told the Gazette: "We would have been fine if it weren't for the panic buying."
In Bideford, Blights Garage on Clovelly Road remains open but some pumps have been closed and traffic is heavy in the area. It is the same situation at the Texaco Garage on Kingsley Road in Bideford.
Please bear in mind the situation may change but this information is correct as of 4.30pm on Saturday, September 25.
You may also want to watch:
According to the Government panic buying and a shortage of delivery drivers has caused the current predicament.
Check back for updates on this story.
- 1 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 2 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 3 Barnstaple Enterprise Hub 'Node' launches to support local businesses
- 4 Cook book to help in Afghanistan produced in South Molton
- 5 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 6 Holsworthy solicitor praised by guide to UK’s top lawyers
- 7 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 10 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs