Nine years for businessman who stabbed partner
Guilty plea from Northam man heard at Exeter Crown Court on Monday.
A BUSINESSMAN who pleaded guilty to stabbing his partner at their home in Northam has been sentenced to nine years in prison.
Paul Vose, 65, who owned Kopy Kat Printers in Grenville Street, Bideford, appeared at Exeter Crown Court yesterday (Mon).
He pleaded guilty to wounding his former partner Bridget Hearn with intent to cause grievous bodily harm on March 3.
At around 2.40am, police discovered Ms Hearn at the couple’s home in Churchill Way, Northam with multiple stab injuries to her back, arms and abdomen.
You may also want to watch:
Vose was arrested after the silver Audi TT Quattro he was driving collided with a wall in Westward Ho! around 1.20am the same morning.
The sentence was delivered by Judge Mr Justice Butterfield.
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 5 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 6 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 9 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
- 10 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021