Nine years for businessman who stabbed partner
Guilty plea from Northam man heard at Exeter Crown Court on Monday.
A BUSINESSMAN who pleaded guilty to stabbing his partner at their home in Northam has been sentenced to nine years in prison.
Paul Vose, 65, who owned Kopy Kat Printers in Grenville Street, Bideford, appeared at Exeter Crown Court yesterday (Mon).
He pleaded guilty to wounding his former partner Bridget Hearn with intent to cause grievous bodily harm on March 3.
At around 2.40am, police discovered Ms Hearn at the couple’s home in Churchill Way, Northam with multiple stab injuries to her back, arms and abdomen.
You may also want to watch:
Vose was arrested after the silver Audi TT Quattro he was driving collided with a wall in Westward Ho! around 1.20am the same morning.
The sentence was delivered by Judge Mr Justice Butterfield.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 3 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 4 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 5 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 8 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 9 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 10 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton