Nick Harvey helps charity
Amigos has raised nearly �650 with train tickets donated by MP Nick Harvey
TRAIN tickets donated by MP Nick Harvey have been raffled to raise money for Barnstaple charity Amigos.
The first class First Great Western tickets were raffled at the 104th annual Shebbearian Reunion Dinner in Piccadilly on January 20.
The raffle, which also gave away an apartment in the Algarve donated by a former Shebbear pupil, raised �649.20 for Amigos.
Mr Harvey, MP for North Devon, commented: ““First Great Western has donated tickets to MPs in the region for a few years now and after meeting with the Amigos team before Christmas I decided they would be best placed to use them.
The charity does excellent work and I was pleased to be able to support them in this small way.”
Phil Pugsley, Director of Amigos and a former Shebbear pupil, attended the dinner with his old school-friend and Amigos trustee Andrew Friend.
- 1 Two vehicle crash blocks Link Road near Barnstaple
- 2 Devon's special educational needs funding ‘broken’
- 3 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 4 7 Ways to work on North Devon's beaches in 2022 - Stephanie Conway
- 5 South Molton's top 10 rating for pannier market
- 6 OPINION: An introduction from Torridge council leader Ken James
- 7 Remembering much-loved and once-heaving Ilfracombe train station
- 8 Holiday firm's New Year gift for hospice
- 9 Covid outbreaks in Devon’s care homes at highest level since pandemic began
- 10 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
Amigos, which was funded in 2001, works with vulnerable young people in Uganda, equipping them with the vocational and spiritual skills to promote self-sustainability.
For more information about Amigos contact Alison Berridge on (01271) 377664 or email email@example.com