Nick Harvey helps charity
Amigos has raised nearly �650 with train tickets donated by MP Nick Harvey
TRAIN tickets donated by MP Nick Harvey have been raffled to raise money for Barnstaple charity Amigos.
The first class First Great Western tickets were raffled at the 104th annual Shebbearian Reunion Dinner in Piccadilly on January 20.
The raffle, which also gave away an apartment in the Algarve donated by a former Shebbear pupil, raised �649.20 for Amigos.
Mr Harvey, MP for North Devon, commented: ““First Great Western has donated tickets to MPs in the region for a few years now and after meeting with the Amigos team before Christmas I decided they would be best placed to use them.
You may also want to watch:
The charity does excellent work and I was pleased to be able to support them in this small way.”
Phil Pugsley, Director of Amigos and a former Shebbear pupil, attended the dinner with his old school-friend and Amigos trustee Andrew Friend.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 3 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 6 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 7 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 8 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 9 North Devon taxi company appeals for help with driver shortage
- 10 Council leader calls Government 'incompetent' and warns of 'winter of discontent'
Amigos, which was funded in 2001, works with vulnerable young people in Uganda, equipping them with the vocational and spiritual skills to promote self-sustainability.
For more information about Amigos contact Alison Berridge on (01271) 377664 or email firstname.lastname@example.org