Nick Harvey helps charity
Amigos has raised nearly �650 with train tickets donated by MP Nick Harvey
TRAIN tickets donated by MP Nick Harvey have been raffled to raise money for Barnstaple charity Amigos.
The first class First Great Western tickets were raffled at the 104th annual Shebbearian Reunion Dinner in Piccadilly on January 20.
The raffle, which also gave away an apartment in the Algarve donated by a former Shebbear pupil, raised �649.20 for Amigos.
Mr Harvey, MP for North Devon, commented: ““First Great Western has donated tickets to MPs in the region for a few years now and after meeting with the Amigos team before Christmas I decided they would be best placed to use them.
You may also want to watch:
The charity does excellent work and I was pleased to be able to support them in this small way.”
Phil Pugsley, Director of Amigos and a former Shebbear pupil, attended the dinner with his old school-friend and Amigos trustee Andrew Friend.
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 9 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 10 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
Amigos, which was funded in 2001, works with vulnerable young people in Uganda, equipping them with the vocational and spiritual skills to promote self-sustainability.
For more information about Amigos contact Alison Berridge on (01271) 377664 or email firstname.lastname@example.org