Nice one Cyril...
- Credit: Archant
Globe-trotting squirrel makes his way to Everest Base Camp for the Chemotherapy Appeal and Unicef.
CYRIL the Squirrel has dedicated his nutty life during the past three years to intrepid adventures to raise money for charity.
Since then he has helped the team at Exeter-based Fidelius Insurance Services Limited ‘squirrel away’ almost £25,000 for the Chemo Appeal plus Unicef.
He has trekked across part of the Sahara Desert, plus Devon, Cornwall and Hadrian’s Wall.
He has even put aside love for good a cause – after meeting a lady squirrel in the Sahara, he left her to continue his charity treks.
You may also want to watch:
In October he set forth on his highest achievement so far – a four week trip to Everest Base Camp on a 22 day trek at altitudes of up to 17,585 feet.
Cyril joined Steve Brown and a UNICEF Team but will be the single Chemotherapy Appeal representative.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
He was kitted out for the journey with a knitted Chemotherapy Appeal jumper by the ladies of Appledore.
Follow the adventures on the Cyril the Squirrel Facebook page at www.facebook.com/cyriltrek.