Emergency services were called to a property fire in Newton St Petrock last night (Wednesday). Fire crews from Torrington, Holsworthy and later Bideford were called to the property near Hockwell Cross at 5pm. The house was well alight, and crews made efforts to protect adjacent buildings. Western Power were called to isolate the propertys electrics. Crews used breathing apparatus, a hose jet and an air foam jet to tackle the blaze, and low level asbestos was found in the houses cladding. An ambulance was called to scene where a man was treated for smoke inhalation.