See in the new year with a swim at Westward Ho!
- Credit: Martin Mullins
If you fancy seeing in the new year in a different – and rather refreshing – way, then why not take a dip in the sea?
Brave souls will be welcoming 2019 by joining a New Year’s Day dip at Westward Ho! next week.
On Tuesday, January 1, there will be a fancy dress dip at the beach, organised by Westward Ho! Business Association.
Meet at 10.30am at the slipway and run into the sea to blast away your hangover at 11am.
No wetsuits are allowed, and fancy dress is encouraged. There will be lifeguard and first aid cover for the event.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the business association said: “Victorian people used to travel for miles to come and dip in this wonderful place, just for its health properties.
“We can guarantee a smile, a warm glow (a long time after!) and a start of the year to remember.”
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 5 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 6 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
Find out more on the New Years Day Fancy Dress Dip event on Facebook.