New year road works for Braunton
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Temporary lights and various closures planned from January 6.
WORK to replace the traffic signals in The Square at Braunton is due to start on Monday, January 6.
Devon County Council is replacing the signals, poles and electrics, as it says the signals have reached the end of their serviceable life.
The scheme will take approximately five weeks and temporary traffic signals will be in place, together with various road closures.
Vehicle access through the square from East Street will not be permitted while temporary lights are in place, and South Street will revert back to two way traffic from Velator Link to Granary Cott to enable the junction with Exeter Road to be closed.
You may also want to watch:
Surfacing will also be carried out between 7pm and 7am on the following dates: Wednesday, January 15 - Caen Street for four nights. Tuesday, January 21 - East Street for eight nights; A361 Exeter Road/Chaloners Road for nine nights under temporary lights with convoy vehicle and South, Heanton and East streets under night time road closures.
The work has been co-ordinated with Western Power Distribution Ltd, which will be upgrading some of its cables.
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 3 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 4 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 5 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 6 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 7 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 8 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 9 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
- 10 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton