New year road works for Braunton
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Temporary lights and various closures planned from January 6.
WORK to replace the traffic signals in The Square at Braunton is due to start on Monday, January 6.
Devon County Council is replacing the signals, poles and electrics, as it says the signals have reached the end of their serviceable life.
The scheme will take approximately five weeks and temporary traffic signals will be in place, together with various road closures.
Vehicle access through the square from East Street will not be permitted while temporary lights are in place, and South Street will revert back to two way traffic from Velator Link to Granary Cott to enable the junction with Exeter Road to be closed.
You may also want to watch:
Surfacing will also be carried out between 7pm and 7am on the following dates: Wednesday, January 15 - Caen Street for four nights. Tuesday, January 21 - East Street for eight nights; A361 Exeter Road/Chaloners Road for nine nights under temporary lights with convoy vehicle and South, Heanton and East streets under night time road closures.
The work has been co-ordinated with Western Power Distribution Ltd, which will be upgrading some of its cables.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Bideford's Millbrook Dairy awarded its first star at Great Taste Awards
- 9 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 10 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's