New Year Honour for Bishops Tawton cadet leader
- Credit: Archant
Ashley Fulford has served with Devon Army cadet Force for 40 years
When Ashley Fulford joined Devon Army Cadet Force aged 12, he never imagined it would lead to an OBE 40 years later.
Colonel Fulford, 52 from Bishops Tawton, has been the commandant of Devon ACF for the past three years.
He joined the ACF while he was a schoolboy in Torrington.
“It’s quite unbelievable, I feel very lucky and honoured to have been nominated and then accepted – it’s not what I ever expected,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“There are lots of people like myself out there doing lots of good work and I am just lucky to be one of those picked for recognition.
“I have been well supported by many good people over the years – you are only as good as the people that mentor you and the team you have around you.”
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 I'm Still Standing: Ambulance worker's battle against the darkness
- 3 'Bonkers' idea led to the creation of Children's Hospice South West
- 4 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 5 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 6 Barnstaple's The ilab launches iPad appeal to help lockdown home schoolers
- 7 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 8 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 9 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 10 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon