New Wellie Festival is coming to North Devon
- Credit: Archant
The new North Devon Wellie Festival promises a weekend of live music, wellie-inspired events and plenty of fun at The Big Sheep.
Prepare for wellie wanging, live music and cider a-plenty at a brand new North Devon festival this year.
The North Devon Wellie Festival will be a three-day extravaganza at The Big Sheep on June 30 - July 2.
There will be plenty of innovative activities over the weekend, including flower arranging in wellies and wellie wanging.
Children and adults can decorate their boots ready for the wellie parades on Saturday and Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a wellie tug o’ war to win a barrel of beer, a festival fashion show, and a wellie Grand National each day.
The festival will culminate in a wellie booting barn dance in the BIG Sheep’s EWE2 event’s building on Sunday, from 2pm to 6pm.
- 1 Chivenor marines among UK troops hit by Norway Covid outbreak
- 2 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 3 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 4 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 5 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 6 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 7 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 8 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 9 Football league teams up with Northern Devon Foodbank
- 10 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
This will be a chance to wear out the rubber soles of your wellies and boogie in your boots.
Opening the festival at 6pm on the Friday will be The Wild Strawberries, who promise to get the crowds on their feet.
There will also be live music from Braunton-based band, Bright Lights Collection - with more acts to be announced.
As well as musical entertainment, there will be camping, caravanning and adventure barns available at the next door Ultimate Adventure Centre.
The event is being held in aid of North Devon Hospice, and is sponsored by the North Devon Gazette, Joules and Mole Valley Farmers.
The full band line-up will be confirmed by the end of April, visit thebigsheep.co.uk for band updates and tickets starting at £5 per evening.
If any bands are keen to take part they should email email@example.com.