New way to support chemo appeal
Limited edition charity wristbands help boost hospital fund-raising campaign
NORTH Devon Gazette readers can now show their support for the Chemotherapy Appeal on their sleeves – or at least their wrists – following the launch of a new fund-raising initiative.
The Gazette has produced 1,000 charity wristbands in aid of the appeal, which has gone from strength to strength since its launch in the paper last February.
The limited edition white bands cost just �1 each and every penny will go straight to the appeal to build a new chemotherapy unit and day centre at North Devon District Hospital, in Barnstaple.
“We’re delighted to be able to support such a worthwhile campaign that will do so much to improve the experience of so many cancer patients in North Devon,” said North Devon Gazette advertising manager Graham Harris.
You may also want to watch:
“Please get behind this local appeal and show your support by buying and wearing a wristband.”
The bands are available to buy at the Gazette offices in Old Station Road, Barnstaple, or at the hospital shop, chemotherapy department and front desk.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 4 Candidates for police and crime commissioner have their say
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
- 7 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 8 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 9 Ilfracombe Drive-In Cinema returns this May
- 10 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'
To get yours telephone (01271) 344303.