New van for Bideford children's centre
BIDEFORD Bay Children s Centre has taken to the open road thanks to a new van provided by Devon County Council. The Centre, which aims to help families with young children under five years old, serves Bideford and the villages and rural areas stretching
BIDEFORD Bay Children's Centre has taken to the open road thanks to a new van provided by Devon County Council.
The Centre, which aims to help families with young children under five years old, serves Bideford and the villages and rural areas stretching around Bideford Bay, from Instow to Welcombe.
Working closely with other agencies it successfully provides a wide variety of services from parenting and family support, to health advice, play sessions and groups for young or lone parents.
Councillor Andrea Davis presented the van keys to staff and children at the Bideford Bay Children's Centre.
You may also want to watch:
"I am delighted that Devon County Council has provided this new van for the Bideford Bay Children's Centre. It will be a valuable resource in continuing their fantastic work providing information and support to those families who live furthest away."
Project Worker and Centre Lead for the Bideford 2 area, Pat Chappell said: "We work closely with families and colleagues from other agencies to give children the best start to their lives. With our fantastic new van we will be taking our information and play library resources out to groups for families and young children. We look forward to meeting lots of new families at the village shows this summer.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 8 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 9 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 10 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand