New trees will brighten up Allenstyle
- Credit: Archant
Councillors use community grants to fund project
Yelland is set to become a little greener thanks to community councillor grants.
A mixture of 13 fruit and broadleaf trees were planted at Allenstyle on Tuesday after North Devon councillors Frank Biederman and Chris Turner each pledged £250 from their community councillor grant fund to support the project.
The project also had the support of local community interest company, Greenforce (SW), and St John’s Garden Centre.
Local ward member, Councillor Frank Biederman, said: “I am so delighted to be able to support this project. It will not only bring benefit to the local residents of Allenstyle, but by using the wonderful people from Greenforce, it allows them to get out in the community in such a positive way and do what they love to do, which is to improve our environment.”
You may also want to watch:
Local ward member, Councillor Chris Turner, says: “I am pleased to be able to take part in this exciting, enjoyable and sustainable project, which will hopefully benefit generations to come.”
North Devon Council’s community councillor grants offer support to organisations and projects that directly help the local environment, local people and communities. Each year councillors have £1,000 available to award to projects or groups in their wards.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 3 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 4 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 5 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 6 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 10 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
For more information on how to apply for a community councillor grant, contact North Devon Council on 01271 388327, email email@example.com or contact your local ward member.