New trees will brighten up Allenstyle
- Credit: Archant
Councillors use community grants to fund project
Yelland is set to become a little greener thanks to community councillor grants.
A mixture of 13 fruit and broadleaf trees were planted at Allenstyle on Tuesday after North Devon councillors Frank Biederman and Chris Turner each pledged £250 from their community councillor grant fund to support the project.
The project also had the support of local community interest company, Greenforce (SW), and St John’s Garden Centre.
Local ward member, Councillor Frank Biederman, said: “I am so delighted to be able to support this project. It will not only bring benefit to the local residents of Allenstyle, but by using the wonderful people from Greenforce, it allows them to get out in the community in such a positive way and do what they love to do, which is to improve our environment.”
You may also want to watch:
Local ward member, Councillor Chris Turner, says: “I am pleased to be able to take part in this exciting, enjoyable and sustainable project, which will hopefully benefit generations to come.”
North Devon Council’s community councillor grants offer support to organisations and projects that directly help the local environment, local people and communities. Each year councillors have £1,000 available to award to projects or groups in their wards.
- 1 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 2 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 3 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 4 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 5 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 6 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 7 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 8 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 9 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 10 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
For more information on how to apply for a community councillor grant, contact North Devon Council on 01271 388327, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your local ward member.