New tenants chosen for Fremington Quay Cafe
NEW tenants have been appointed to take over the lease of the Fremington Quay caf�.
Young North Devon couple Charlotte Lock and her partner Paul Duffy were revealed as the winning bidders by Fremington Parish Council on Friday.
They currently run the Cranford Inn at St Giles-in-the-Wood near Torrington and will be well known to many in the area, as Charlotte’s father Steve Lock is a well known local publican.
The 10-year lease includes the caf�, adjoining accommodation and quay warden duties.
It has been a troubled few weeks for the caf�, which was hit by vandalism and the departure of previous tenant Sue Harty and her family.
You may also want to watch:
The council announced the results of the tender process on Friday, after opening and assessing the five sealed bids in the presence of solicitors.
- 1 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 2 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 9 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
- 10 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386