New tenants chosen for Fremington Quay Cafe
NEW tenants have been appointed to take over the lease of the Fremington Quay caf�.
Young North Devon couple Charlotte Lock and her partner Paul Duffy were revealed as the winning bidders by Fremington Parish Council on Friday.
They currently run the Cranford Inn at St Giles-in-the-Wood near Torrington and will be well known to many in the area, as Charlotte’s father Steve Lock is a well known local publican.
The 10-year lease includes the caf�, adjoining accommodation and quay warden duties.
It has been a troubled few weeks for the caf�, which was hit by vandalism and the departure of previous tenant Sue Harty and her family.
You may also want to watch:
The council announced the results of the tender process on Friday, after opening and assessing the five sealed bids in the presence of solicitors.
- 1 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 2 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 3 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 4 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 5 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 6 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 7 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 8 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 9 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 10 Ilfracombe Drive-In Cinema returns this May