Super slimmer hopes to inspire others with new Chulmleigh group
- Credit: Archant
A Chulmleigh woman has set up her own Slimming World group after dropping four dress sizes.
Jacqui Reid, 54, hopes her weight loss story will inspire others.
The mother-of-four said she had tried ‘all the usual’ diets and clubs, but never managed to keep the weight off.
“I was 46 when I had my youngest child and felt like I really was the geriatric mother.,” she said.
“I would sit on the side and watch her playing with her dad and felt like I wasn’t part of the family.
You may also want to watch:
“I was lethargic, easily stressed and very sensitive and probably very difficult to live with; my confidence and self-esteem were zero and I felt like a nobody.”
Jacqui joined a Slimming World group and despite her initial nerves, she soon relaxed.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 3 North Devon Tesco stores to hold extra summer Food Collection
- 4 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 5 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 6 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 7 Invitations to join this summer’s Devon Climate Assembly sent to households
- 8 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 9 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 10 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
She lost a total of three-and-a-half stone and went from a dress size 20 to 14.
In fact, she was so inspired by her journey she has set up her own group in Chulmleigh.
It will run on Wednesdays from January 2, at Chulmleigh Town Hall, 5.30 and 7.30 pm.