New signs at play park thanks to young designers
Pupils win competition to design safety signs for Rock Park in Barnstaple.
YOUNG artists have left a mark on Rock Park in Barnstaple that will encourage future generations to have fun safely.
At the beginning of the year the Rock Park Trust held a ‘Play Safe’ competition inviting pupils at local schools to design safety signs for the new Rock park play area.
The trust received 72 designs from schools including Caen and Fremington primary schools and The Park Community School - six winners were chosen who would get to see their designs turned into park signs.
“The trust would like to thank all those who took part,” said trust officer Natasha Lewis.
“Trust committee members loved the bright and colourful posters and felt the children had put a lot of effort into these designs.”
The park is owned by Barnstaple Town Council and run by the Rock Park Trust Management Committee.
- 1 Remembering much-loved and once-heaving Ilfracombe train station
- 2 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 3 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 4 South Molton's top 10 rating for pannier market
- 5 Stylish Victorian property offers many period features
- 6 Help turn tide with Appledore community film
- 7 Queen's Theatre panto audiences raise £3,200 for local charities
- 8 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 9 Chance at last to sing along with the Winkleigh Singers
- 10 Popular character Joan dies at 92