New signs at play park thanks to young designers
Pupils win competition to design safety signs for Rock Park in Barnstaple.
YOUNG artists have left a mark on Rock Park in Barnstaple that will encourage future generations to have fun safely.
At the beginning of the year the Rock Park Trust held a ‘Play Safe’ competition inviting pupils at local schools to design safety signs for the new Rock park play area.
The trust received 72 designs from schools including Caen and Fremington primary schools and The Park Community School - six winners were chosen who would get to see their designs turned into park signs.
“The trust would like to thank all those who took part,” said trust officer Natasha Lewis.
You may also want to watch:
“Trust committee members loved the bright and colourful posters and felt the children had put a lot of effort into these designs.”
The park is owned by Barnstaple Town Council and run by the Rock Park Trust Management Committee.
- 1 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 2 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 3 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 4 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 5 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 6 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 7 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 10 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge