New signs at play park thanks to young designers
Pupils win competition to design safety signs for Rock Park in Barnstaple.
YOUNG artists have left a mark on Rock Park in Barnstaple that will encourage future generations to have fun safely.
At the beginning of the year the Rock Park Trust held a ‘Play Safe’ competition inviting pupils at local schools to design safety signs for the new Rock park play area.
The trust received 72 designs from schools including Caen and Fremington primary schools and The Park Community School - six winners were chosen who would get to see their designs turned into park signs.
“The trust would like to thank all those who took part,” said trust officer Natasha Lewis.
You may also want to watch:
“Trust committee members loved the bright and colourful posters and felt the children had put a lot of effort into these designs.”
The park is owned by Barnstaple Town Council and run by the Rock Park Trust Management Committee.
- 1 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 2 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 3 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 4 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 7 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 8 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened