New service for teen parents
Mums and dads aged 19 and under invited to launch of new Teen Parents Cafe at Barnstaple Youth House.
TEEN parents and soon-to-be teen parents are invited to the launch of a new Teen Parents Caf� at Barnstaple Youth House on Tuesday, January 10.
The event takes place is from 1-3pm at the Youth House in market Street, Barnstaple and will be an opportunity for teen parents to meet in a relaxed, friendly environment, have a look around and learn about the free services available to them.
Several local agencies are supporting the service, including Barnstaple Children’s Centres, Barnstaple Youth House, Youth Enquiry Service, BPAG plus Health Visitors and Midwives. A wide range of information and advice from these and other local organisations will be on offer.
The caf� was developed from ideas and feedback from teen parents using services at the Barnstaple Children’s Centres.
You may also want to watch:
This has also led to the centres offering free antenatal classes specifically tailored for teens of 19 and under.
To find out more about these and other services, call into the Teen Parents Cafe at Barnstaple Youth House this Tuesday.
- 1 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
Alternatively, contact Charlotte Rawlins at Victoria House Children’s Centre on (01271) 321411, visit www.barnstaple.childrencentres.org or www.barnstapleyouthhouse.com.