New service for teen parents
Mums and dads aged 19 and under invited to launch of new Teen Parents Cafe at Barnstaple Youth House.
TEEN parents and soon-to-be teen parents are invited to the launch of a new Teen Parents Caf� at Barnstaple Youth House on Tuesday, January 10.
The event takes place is from 1-3pm at the Youth House in market Street, Barnstaple and will be an opportunity for teen parents to meet in a relaxed, friendly environment, have a look around and learn about the free services available to them.
Several local agencies are supporting the service, including Barnstaple Children’s Centres, Barnstaple Youth House, Youth Enquiry Service, BPAG plus Health Visitors and Midwives. A wide range of information and advice from these and other local organisations will be on offer.
The caf� was developed from ideas and feedback from teen parents using services at the Barnstaple Children’s Centres.
This has also led to the centres offering free antenatal classes specifically tailored for teens of 19 and under.
To find out more about these and other services, call into the Teen Parents Cafe at Barnstaple Youth House this Tuesday.
- 1 OPINION: A new plan for Barnstaple's Oliver Buildings - Tim Jones
- 2 PICTURES: Bideford Christmas lights switched on in style
- 3 Property of the Week: Daddon Close, Bideford
- 4 Litter around North Devon schools and colleges is a 'disgrace'
- 5 Kenwith Castle care home welcomes new manager
- 6 OPINION: How much do you know about the ground beneath your feet?
- 7 Downing Street party video: Boris Johnson apologises but denies allegations
- 8 North Devon’s Panto sells 10,000 Cinderella tickets
- 9 OPINION: Give back this festive season at the Wave Project Christmas markets
- 10 Christmas lights, free parking and late night shopping in Barnstaple
Alternatively, contact Charlotte Rawlins at Victoria House Children’s Centre on (01271) 321411, visit www.barnstaple.childrencentres.org or www.barnstapleyouthhouse.com.