New sector inspector brings wealth of experience
- Credit: Archant
The new sector commander for Torridge said neighbourhood policing is where his heart lies.
TORRIDGE’S new sector commander has said he is glad to return to neighbourhood policing where his heart belongs.
Inspector Andy Brock has worked for Devon and Cornwall Police for 24 years and brings with him a wealth of experience.
He first moved to North Devon when he was made a sergeant at Ilfracombe police station in 1999 after working in Newquay, Exmouth and Exeter.
He was made station sergeant at South Molton before setting up Barnstaple’s incident and intelligence management team.
You may also want to watch:
Inspector Brock then moved to Braunton, where he was station sergeant, before a four-year stint as custody sergeant in Barnstaple.
“I did a lot of work with mental health there,” said Inspector Brock, who was invited to speak to senior ministers and civil servants on the issue.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
- 8 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple
After working as the staff officer to the Commander of Devon for 18 months, Inspector Brock said he is now looking forward to his new role.
He is also hoping for Bideford to follow in the footsteps of Holsworthy and Torrington with a new Facebook page.
“The thing I have noticed and like about Bideford already is that the people have a real sense of pride and ownership in the town,” he said.
“Through my time in the constabulary I have always got the most satisfaction and sense of making a difference in proactive partnership roles and I see no reason why this shouldn’t continue in my time at Torridge.
“I look forward to both meeting and working with the people of Torridge to ensure the excellent service we provide together continues.”