New sector inspector brings wealth of experience
- Credit: Archant
The new sector commander for Torridge said neighbourhood policing is where his heart lies.
TORRIDGE’S new sector commander has said he is glad to return to neighbourhood policing where his heart belongs.
Inspector Andy Brock has worked for Devon and Cornwall Police for 24 years and brings with him a wealth of experience.
He first moved to North Devon when he was made a sergeant at Ilfracombe police station in 1999 after working in Newquay, Exmouth and Exeter.
He was made station sergeant at South Molton before setting up Barnstaple’s incident and intelligence management team.
You may also want to watch:
Inspector Brock then moved to Braunton, where he was station sergeant, before a four-year stint as custody sergeant in Barnstaple.
“I did a lot of work with mental health there,” said Inspector Brock, who was invited to speak to senior ministers and civil servants on the issue.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 9 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
After working as the staff officer to the Commander of Devon for 18 months, Inspector Brock said he is now looking forward to his new role.
He is also hoping for Bideford to follow in the footsteps of Holsworthy and Torrington with a new Facebook page.
“The thing I have noticed and like about Bideford already is that the people have a real sense of pride and ownership in the town,” he said.
“Through my time in the constabulary I have always got the most satisfaction and sense of making a difference in proactive partnership roles and I see no reason why this shouldn’t continue in my time at Torridge.
“I look forward to both meeting and working with the people of Torridge to ensure the excellent service we provide together continues.”