New routes for North Devon walkers
Second new riverside footpath to open in South Molton
A SECOND new public footpath is being opened in South Molton.
The “permissive footpath” at Gorton Hill Farm runs around the perimeter of the farm holding, through some new woodland and across a field, with a section passing alongside the River Yeo.
The one-mile-long path was negotiated by STRIDE (Strengthening Trails in Devon), with the formal agreement and works carried out by Devon County Council, in agreement of the land-owner.
The path forms a useful off-road link in the public rights of way network.
You may also want to watch:
Car parking is available and the route can be turned into a circular walk by using the footway alongside the B3227 to the west of Bishmill. Again, this was all done with the agreement of the land-owner.
Click on the link (right) for a report on the new footbath being opened by the River Mole following a compromise with the West Wiltshire Fly Fishers’ Guild.
- 1 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 4 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 7 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 8 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 9 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 10 Bideford paramedic compensated after winning victimisation claim