New routes for North Devon walkers
Second new riverside footpath to open in South Molton
A SECOND new public footpath is being opened in South Molton.
The “permissive footpath” at Gorton Hill Farm runs around the perimeter of the farm holding, through some new woodland and across a field, with a section passing alongside the River Yeo.
The one-mile-long path was negotiated by STRIDE (Strengthening Trails in Devon), with the formal agreement and works carried out by Devon County Council, in agreement of the land-owner.
The path forms a useful off-road link in the public rights of way network.
You may also want to watch:
Car parking is available and the route can be turned into a circular walk by using the footway alongside the B3227 to the west of Bishmill. Again, this was all done with the agreement of the land-owner.
Click on the link (right) for a report on the new footbath being opened by the River Mole following a compromise with the West Wiltshire Fly Fishers’ Guild.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 10 Exhibition celebrates North Devon in 100 objects