New routes for North Devon walkers
Second new riverside footpath to open in South Molton
A SECOND new public footpath is being opened in South Molton.
The “permissive footpath” at Gorton Hill Farm runs around the perimeter of the farm holding, through some new woodland and across a field, with a section passing alongside the River Yeo.
The one-mile-long path was negotiated by STRIDE (Strengthening Trails in Devon), with the formal agreement and works carried out by Devon County Council, in agreement of the land-owner.
The path forms a useful off-road link in the public rights of way network.
You may also want to watch:
Car parking is available and the route can be turned into a circular walk by using the footway alongside the B3227 to the west of Bishmill. Again, this was all done with the agreement of the land-owner.
Click on the link (right) for a report on the new footbath being opened by the River Mole following a compromise with the West Wiltshire Fly Fishers’ Guild.
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 5 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 6 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 9 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 10 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch