New recuits needed for North Devon band
MUSICIANS of all ages are being invited to join of one of North Devon s well known bands. The Albert Hall Showband, set up by Barnstaple music teacher Albert Hall, is keen to recruit new members to help fill its ranks and enable the band to play at a numb
MUSICIANS of all ages are being invited to join of one of North Devon's well known bands.
The Albert Hall Showband, set up by Barnstaple music teacher Albert Hall, is keen to recruit new members to help fill its ranks and enable the band to play at a number of engagements in the year ahead.
All ages and abilities are welcome - the band's oldest member is currently 86 and the youngest just 13.
Trombonists would be particularly welcome, but so would other brass and wood wind players.
You may also want to watch:
Since it formed in 2002 the band has played music to suit all tastes and in a verity of places, from local charity events and churches to visit to Barnstaple's twin towns in America and Germany.
The aim is to keep everything friendly, fun and informal, with a variety of regular social activities and get togethers alongside rehearsals and performances.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 3 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 6 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 7 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 8 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 9 Council leader calls Government 'incompetent' and warns of 'winter of discontent'
- 10 Mission: Unbreakable back with a bang for 2021
Forthcoming trips for the year include travelling to Plymouth in July to perform as part of the Navy Days celebrations. The band generally makes at least two trips away every year.
The band would love to hear from any musicians who would like to find out more or perhaps take up playing again on a regular basis. The band meets on a Monday evening from 7.30-9pm. To find out more, contact Pauline Hall on (01271) 379155.