New recuits needed for North Devon band
MUSICIANS of all ages are being invited to join of one of North Devon s well known bands. The Albert Hall Showband, set up by Barnstaple music teacher Albert Hall, is keen to recruit new members to help fill its ranks and enable the band to play at a numb
MUSICIANS of all ages are being invited to join of one of North Devon's well known bands.
The Albert Hall Showband, set up by Barnstaple music teacher Albert Hall, is keen to recruit new members to help fill its ranks and enable the band to play at a number of engagements in the year ahead.
All ages and abilities are welcome - the band's oldest member is currently 86 and the youngest just 13.
Trombonists would be particularly welcome, but so would other brass and wood wind players.
You may also want to watch:
Since it formed in 2002 the band has played music to suit all tastes and in a verity of places, from local charity events and churches to visit to Barnstaple's twin towns in America and Germany.
The aim is to keep everything friendly, fun and informal, with a variety of regular social activities and get togethers alongside rehearsals and performances.
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 3 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 4 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 5 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 6 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 9 Covid-19: Follow the spirit of lockdown says police chief
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
Forthcoming trips for the year include travelling to Plymouth in July to perform as part of the Navy Days celebrations. The band generally makes at least two trips away every year.
The band would love to hear from any musicians who would like to find out more or perhaps take up playing again on a regular basis. The band meets on a Monday evening from 7.30-9pm. To find out more, contact Pauline Hall on (01271) 379155.