New pub to open in Instow
Restaurant to re-open as ‘gastro-pub’ on Friday
AN Instow restaurant is set to re-open as a pub later this week.
The former Decks restaurant on Marine Parade has undergone extensive refurbishment and will officially open as The Instow Arms on Friday.
Landlord Martin Seymour has given the upstairs and downstairs of the building a pub-themed make-over complete with upgraded service area and re-vamped bar.
He hopes to improve the beach-front watering hole’s beer garden ready for the spring and has applied to North Devon Council for planning permission to enhance the decking at the front with a low-level wall and glass screening.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Seymour, who opened Decks as a bar-restaurant 12 years ago, said the new enterprise would offer restaurant quality food at pub prices as well as a host of real ales.
“We’re re-branding the business as a ‘gastro-pub’ and will be serving great food in a friendly, relaxed pub-style atmosphere,” he said.
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 3 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 4 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 5 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 6 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 7 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 8 Date set for Barnstaple Pannier Market reopening
- 9 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
- 10 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone
“We’ve got new chefs on board and we’ll be serving up a variety of local ales and fresh food cooked daily with only the finest local ingredients including line-caught fish.
“We’ll be open seven days a week, serving breakfast from 10am, lunches, coffee, cream teas and evening meals,” he added.