New pub to open in Instow
Restaurant to re-open as ‘gastro-pub’ on Friday
AN Instow restaurant is set to re-open as a pub later this week.
The former Decks restaurant on Marine Parade has undergone extensive refurbishment and will officially open as The Instow Arms on Friday.
Landlord Martin Seymour has given the upstairs and downstairs of the building a pub-themed make-over complete with upgraded service area and re-vamped bar.
He hopes to improve the beach-front watering hole’s beer garden ready for the spring and has applied to North Devon Council for planning permission to enhance the decking at the front with a low-level wall and glass screening.
Mr Seymour, who opened Decks as a bar-restaurant 12 years ago, said the new enterprise would offer restaurant quality food at pub prices as well as a host of real ales.
“We’re re-branding the business as a ‘gastro-pub’ and will be serving great food in a friendly, relaxed pub-style atmosphere,” he said.
- 1 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 2 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 3 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 4 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford
- 5 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 6 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 7 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
- 8 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 9 Steve’s family and friends bring Christmas to hospital ward
- 10 Property of the Week: Some of the finest views of North Devon's coast
“We’ve got new chefs on board and we’ll be serving up a variety of local ales and fresh food cooked daily with only the finest local ingredients including line-caught fish.
“We’ll be open seven days a week, serving breakfast from 10am, lunches, coffee, cream teas and evening meals,” he added.