New pub owners offer Thai treats
- Credit: Archant
Family behind the new-look Appledore Inn will be offering a tasty menu to eat in or take away.
A BIDEFORD landlord has taken the unusual step of opening a Thai restaurant and takeaway in his traditional pub.
Colm Hurley and his wife Benjarat took ownership of the Appledore Inn in Chingswell Street in March after moving to the area from London.
Launching their menu just days before the opening of the new Wetherspoon, the couple and their daughter Fai hope to bring something different to the town.
“I think it’s great for Bideford to have fresh, new business,” said Colm, a former plumbing shop manager.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s bringing life into the town and giving people more choice.
“You’ll always get people that want different things; some will want a quiet meal and a few drinks and I hope that’s where we’ll come in.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
“Benjarat has always worked in pubs and restaurants and it’s been her dream to run her own, so now we are living it out.”
On Saturday the pub launched its menu with a Thai buffet, traditional Thai dress and a visit from the Mayor and Mayoress.