New priest for South Molton
- Credit: Archant
Reverend Michael Grandey will take up the post of Team Rector later this year.
A new priest will be taking over at South Molton later this year.
Reverend Michael Grandey will become Priest in Charge for the South Molton Church of England Team Ministry, following a year without a permanent priest for the parish.
Congregations in the parishes of South Molton, Nymet St George, Kings Nympton and East Buckland were told of the new arrival during Sunday services.
“We now look forward to welcoming Michael, and his wife Lis,” said South Molton churchwarden Bob Redwood.
You may also want to watch:
“He impressed all of those involved in the interview process, and we are confident that in time he will make his mark not only in the church, but within the wider community we serve.”
Fellow warden Derry Hodgson added: “I think Michael’s appointment is a great blessing, and we hope that everyone takes to him as much as we have. He comes from a rural community, not so different to our own, which I feel will give him insight into, and a rapport with, all of us in this region.”
- 1 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 2 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 3 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 4 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 5 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 6 Fringe TheatreFest returns to Barnstaple this month
- 7 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 8 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
Michael is currently assistant curate in the Benefice of Haxby and Wigginton in the Diocese of York. He will be licensed by the Bishop of Crediton on a date to be announced and takes up his new post later this year.