New president for Barnstaple Chamber of Commerce
- Credit: Archant
Barnstaple and District Chamber of Commerce saw Caroline Bramwell take over from outgoing president Jon Dunkley.
A NEW president has been elected to take over the running of the Barnstaple and District Chamber of Commerce.
Caroline Bramwell, managing director of The Olden Group PR, Marketing & Graphic Design was awarded the mantle by outgoing President, Jon Dunkley of Toller Beattie Solicitors at the Chamber’s AGM.
In the last 12 months, the chamber has made significant internal changes and seen a continuously increasing membership.
Caroline thanked Jon for steering the Chamber over the last two years through ‘tough times’ and said it was becoming ‘stronger and more positive’.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “The Chamber continues to grow and as a membership organisation, it is our endeavour to provide more support to our members and listen to the issues that most concern them.
“A recent survey indicated that some of the most important issues affecting our members are superfast broadband, transportation links into the South West, and the desire to work more closely with local council departments.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 8 Bideford's Millbrook Dairy awarded its first star at Great Taste Awards
- 9 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 10 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
“These we will be addressing through our lobbying activity.”
Caroline said the Chamber would be hosting the Inspired Business exhibition again, which was launched in April.
“The first business to business exhibition of its kind locally, this event drew exhibitors and visitors from far and wide, despite some pretty awful weather on the day,” she said.
“Stands are already being sold for the next event in April 2014.
“In addition, we shall be hosting regular networking social events, where members and non-members can meet and do business.”
Businesses interested in joining the Barnstaple & District Chamber of Commerce, or exhibiting at the Inspiring Business 2014 exhibition, can find out more by visiting www.barnstaplechamber.co.uk or telephone 01271 533144.