New play equipment for Pilton Park
- Credit: Archant
North Devon Council installs new climbing frame using developers’ money
A BARNSTAPLE park has benefitting from the release of funds from housing developers.
North Devon Council has installed a new climbing frame at Pilton Park, using Section 106 funds – money set aside for improvements to public open space. The £12,000 multi-unit replaces an old slide at the site.
Local ward member, Councillor Mair Manuel, said: “Pilton Park is really well used by the local community and I’m very pleased that we are able to invest in more equipment for the play area.”
Councillor Brian Greenslade, also a local ward member, hailed the new climbing frame as a ‘great addition’ to the ‘very popular’ park.
You may also want to watch:
The multi-unit is aimed at children aged six to 12 and is an addition to the recent improvements already made to the park. Last year new fencing, paths, safety surfacing and spiro-gyro play equipment were installed in the park.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 9 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon