New plans for village housing development
West Buckland homes scheme amended by developer
REVISED plans for nine new homes in West Buckland have been submitted to North Devon Council planners.
Applicant Pearce (Barnstaple) is also seeking change of use permission to create a new “village green” on agricultural land in the centre of the village to the east of St Peter’s Church.
As part of the new proposals, the company has enlarged the boundary of the development site at North Barton.
Two of the new houses would be affordable two-bed homes, one of which would be available to social housing tenants.
You may also want to watch:
An original proposal for 11 homes was submitted in 2009.
The scheme has been subject to extensive community involvement and a second public consultation was held in the village in May this year.
- 1 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 2 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 3 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 4 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 5 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 6 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 7 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 8 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
Villagers have raised concerns about the limitations of the existing road from the A361 North Devon Link Road.