New plans for village housing development
West Buckland homes scheme amended by developer
REVISED plans for nine new homes in West Buckland have been submitted to North Devon Council planners.
Applicant Pearce (Barnstaple) is also seeking change of use permission to create a new “village green” on agricultural land in the centre of the village to the east of St Peter’s Church.
As part of the new proposals, the company has enlarged the boundary of the development site at North Barton.
Two of the new houses would be affordable two-bed homes, one of which would be available to social housing tenants.
You may also want to watch:
An original proposal for 11 homes was submitted in 2009.
The scheme has been subject to extensive community involvement and a second public consultation was held in the village in May this year.
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 5 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 6 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 7 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 Ton-up Brend helps Bideford set early pace
- 10 MP welcomes free virtual funding workshop for North Devon charities
Villagers have raised concerns about the limitations of the existing road from the A361 North Devon Link Road.