New plans for Bideford station homes
Land change prompts developer to submit re-worked plans for former railway site.
REVISED plans for two of the four new homes to be built on land adjacent to Bideford Railway Station have been submitted to Torridge District Council.
The application for two semi-detached houses submitted by Bideford-based Majic Property Ltd follows an application for four new homes and associated parking on land at Station Hill, which was granted permission by the council in February last year.
However, some of the land in the original plan is now unavailable, meaning new plans have had to be submitted for two of the houses.
The two houses have had to be moved from their originally intended positions to allow for parking.
You may also want to watch:
The original plans received a number of objections, concerns about the scale of the designs, privacy, and the overdevelopment of a “sensitive and important” site, among the issues raised by nearby residents.
A number of alterations have also been admitted by Majic Property and an application for the discharge of conditions on the same plans was submitted under company director Mike Ashton’s name.
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19