New plans for Bideford country club
OWNERS of a former Northam country club have revealed new plans to revitalise the site and create up 50 jobs. County Bideford Ltd wants to turn Lenwood Country Club into a care home and add up to 15 new holiday chalets, club house and leisure facilities.
OWNERS of a former Northam country club have revealed new plans to revitalise the site and create up 50 jobs.
County Bideford Ltd wants to turn Lenwood Country Club into a care home and add up to 15 new holiday chalets, club house and leisure facilities.
The company, which bought the property from administrators in 2009, said it had already lined up a care home operator and committed itself to long-term maintenance and improvement of the site.
Similar plans for a 70-bed care home and 19 holiday lodges were rejected by Torridge District Council in December due to of fears of overdevelopment.
You may also want to watch:
County Bideford Ltd director David Kahn told the Gazette:
"We believe up to 50 jobs could be created and increasing, the number of holiday homes should help boost the local economy.
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 5 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 9 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 10 Charity staff praised for support helping customers get online
"Current residents on the site have nothing to fear and we are happy to look at existing leases to see if they need modifying. We have already done this in some cases.