New plans for Bideford country club
OWNERS of a former Northam country club have revealed new plans to revitalise the site and create up 50 jobs. County Bideford Ltd wants to turn Lenwood Country Club into a care home and add up to 15 new holiday chalets, club house and leisure facilities.
OWNERS of a former Northam country club have revealed new plans to revitalise the site and create up 50 jobs.
County Bideford Ltd wants to turn Lenwood Country Club into a care home and add up to 15 new holiday chalets, club house and leisure facilities.
The company, which bought the property from administrators in 2009, said it had already lined up a care home operator and committed itself to long-term maintenance and improvement of the site.
Similar plans for a 70-bed care home and 19 holiday lodges were rejected by Torridge District Council in December due to of fears of overdevelopment.
You may also want to watch:
County Bideford Ltd director David Kahn told the Gazette:
"We believe up to 50 jobs could be created and increasing, the number of holiday homes should help boost the local economy.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 7 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 8 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 9 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 10 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
"Current residents on the site have nothing to fear and we are happy to look at existing leases to see if they need modifying. We have already done this in some cases.