New plans for Bideford country club
OWNERS of a former Northam country club have revealed new plans to revitalise the site and create up 50 jobs. County Bideford Ltd wants to turn Lenwood Country Club into a care home and add up to 15 new holiday chalets, club house and leisure facilities.
OWNERS of a former Northam country club have revealed new plans to revitalise the site and create up 50 jobs.
County Bideford Ltd wants to turn Lenwood Country Club into a care home and add up to 15 new holiday chalets, club house and leisure facilities.
The company, which bought the property from administrators in 2009, said it had already lined up a care home operator and committed itself to long-term maintenance and improvement of the site.
Similar plans for a 70-bed care home and 19 holiday lodges were rejected by Torridge District Council in December due to of fears of overdevelopment.
You may also want to watch:
County Bideford Ltd director David Kahn told the Gazette:
"We believe up to 50 jobs could be created and increasing, the number of holiday homes should help boost the local economy.
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 4 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 5 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 6 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 7 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 8 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 9 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 10 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
"Current residents on the site have nothing to fear and we are happy to look at existing leases to see if they need modifying. We have already done this in some cases.