New Pilton homes should be ready for summer
- Credit: Archant
Work is beginning on new homes at Westaway Reach in Barnstaple, with the first homes expected to be occupied this summer.
The first home owners are expected to move into a new housing development in Pilton this summer.
Westaway Reach, opposite North Devon District Hospital, will include 42 homes – 15 of which will be low cost or housing association properties.
This week the sales office opened at the site, which developers Devonshire Homes said is already in ‘strong demand’.
Plans for the homes at Westaway Plain were officially given the rubber-stamp by councillors in October last year.
You may also want to watch:
The site is one of several developments in the area, totalling nearly 600 new homes.
Plans for 110 homes at Northfield Lane; 80 at Trayne Farm; 105 at Raleigh Park; 101 hospital homes plus 112 staff apartments have all been approved by North Devon Council.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 4 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 5 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 6 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 7 Fringe TheatreFest returns to Barnstaple this month
- 8 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 9 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 10 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
Devonshire Homes’ sales and marketing director Jane Pearce said: “We have had a lot of interest in our plans for Westaway Reach.
“The location has all the benefits of a small town but is only a short walk across the Pilton Causeway to Barnstaple and at the same time is surrounded by beautiful countryside and a short distance from the coastline.”