New Pilton homes should be ready for summer
- Credit: Archant
Work is beginning on new homes at Westaway Reach in Barnstaple, with the first homes expected to be occupied this summer.
The first home owners are expected to move into a new housing development in Pilton this summer.
Westaway Reach, opposite North Devon District Hospital, will include 42 homes – 15 of which will be low cost or housing association properties.
This week the sales office opened at the site, which developers Devonshire Homes said is already in ‘strong demand’.
Plans for the homes at Westaway Plain were officially given the rubber-stamp by councillors in October last year.
You may also want to watch:
The site is one of several developments in the area, totalling nearly 600 new homes.
Plans for 110 homes at Northfield Lane; 80 at Trayne Farm; 105 at Raleigh Park; 101 hospital homes plus 112 staff apartments have all been approved by North Devon Council.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
Devonshire Homes’ sales and marketing director Jane Pearce said: “We have had a lot of interest in our plans for Westaway Reach.
“The location has all the benefits of a small town but is only a short walk across the Pilton Causeway to Barnstaple and at the same time is surrounded by beautiful countryside and a short distance from the coastline.”