New pendant for Fremington chain
- Credit: Archant
Council is presented with a new pendant for its chain of office in memory of parish stalwarts.
THE role of chairman of Fremington Parish Council will be a little heavier from now on – thanks to the presentation of a new pendant for the chain of office.
The gift was made by Steve Crowther in memory of his grandfather, Captain Guy Pertwee and his mother Gill Crowther, both of whom played a considerable part in the life of the community.
The original pendant was lost some time ago and its replacement depicts the parish logo illustrating Fremington Quay and with a sailing ship moored there.
Captain Pertwee was prominent and well respected, he was a ‘Man of the Trees’ – a member of the Men of the Trees organisation dedicated to planting, maintaining and protecting trees - a parish councillor and active in more than 30 organisations within the parish. Mrs Crowther followed in his footsteps and went on to continue working on behalf of the community.
You may also want to watch:
“We are all delighted with the new pendant,” said Mr Cann.
“It is a really lovely way to mark the significant contribution that Captain Pertwee and Mrs Crowther made to the parish over many years”
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 6 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 7 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 8 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash