New North Devon Show president
NORTH Devon Agricultural Society has elected John Snell from Week, Harracott, as the new president of the North Devon Show. John and his wife Claudine are well known in the community through their animal feed business EJ Snell and Sons and their passion f
NORTH Devon Agricultural Society has elected John Snell from Week, Harracott, as the new president of the North Devon Show.
John and his wife Claudine are well known in the community through their animal feed business EJ Snell and Sons and their passion for classic cars. John said he firmly believes that the show is not just about agriculture, but is an event where people can enjoy themselves.
New president-elect is Patrick Squire, whose association with the show is a long one. His company County Garage has had a stand at the show every year since 1966 and his father-in-law Gordon Friend was president of the society in 1997/1998.
Outgoing president Richard Newing at the society's annual meeting presented a donation of �500 to CLIC Sargent.
You may also want to watch:
This year promises to be an exciting one as the show moves from Huntshaw to a new showground at Umberleigh Barton. The new site is a level 50-acre site with an adjacent 42 acres of car parking and good access on to the A377.
There it will continue its aim of supporting agriculture and providing a shop window for anyone involved in the economy of North Devon, said show secretary Debbie Siggs.
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 3 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 4 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 5 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 6 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 7 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 8 Date set for Barnstaple Pannier Market reopening
- 9 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
- 10 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone
Trade stand space is available and full details can be obtained from the show office, PO Box 295, Barnstaple, EX32 2BS.