New North Devon Show president
NORTH Devon Agricultural Society has elected John Snell from Week, Harracott, as the new president of the North Devon Show. John and his wife Claudine are well known in the community through their animal feed business EJ Snell and Sons and their passion f
NORTH Devon Agricultural Society has elected John Snell from Week, Harracott, as the new president of the North Devon Show.
John and his wife Claudine are well known in the community through their animal feed business EJ Snell and Sons and their passion for classic cars. John said he firmly believes that the show is not just about agriculture, but is an event where people can enjoy themselves.
New president-elect is Patrick Squire, whose association with the show is a long one. His company County Garage has had a stand at the show every year since 1966 and his father-in-law Gordon Friend was president of the society in 1997/1998.
Outgoing president Richard Newing at the society's annual meeting presented a donation of �500 to CLIC Sargent.
This year promises to be an exciting one as the show moves from Huntshaw to a new showground at Umberleigh Barton. The new site is a level 50-acre site with an adjacent 42 acres of car parking and good access on to the A377.
There it will continue its aim of supporting agriculture and providing a shop window for anyone involved in the economy of North Devon, said show secretary Debbie Siggs.
- 1 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 2 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 3 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 4 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford
- 5 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 6 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 7 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
- 8 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 9 Property of the Week: Some of the finest views of North Devon's coast
- 10 Steve’s family and friends bring Christmas to hospital ward
Trade stand space is available and full details can be obtained from the show office, PO Box 295, Barnstaple, EX32 2BS.