New NHS dental service for Holsworthy
PEOPLE in the Holsworthy area are to benefit from thousands of extra NHS dental places. A new dental practice is to open in the town on October 1. Holsworthy NHS Dental Care, will have a surgery in Bodmin Street and will provide NHS dental places for mor
PEOPLE in the Holsworthy area are to benefit from thousands of extra NHS dental places.
A new dental practice is to open in the town on October 1. Holsworthy NHS Dental Care, will have a surgery in Bodmin Street and will provide NHS dental places for more than 3,000 patients.
More than 400,000 people have seen an NHS dentist in Devon in the last two years.
Andrew Harris, who manages dentistry provision in Devon, said he was pleased to be able to provide new dental places.
You may also want to watch:
"It is great news that more people in Holsworthy will be able to see an NHS dentist," he said.
"We have been working hard to reach a point where nobody in Devon has to wait for an NHS dentist and the extra 3,000 places will go a long way to achieving this."
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 7 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 8 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 9 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 10 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
Patients who wish to join the new dental practice can only do so by contacting the NHS Dental helpline on 0845 002 0034.
Alternatively they can email their details to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to: Devon Dental Helpline, Devon Dental, PO Box 524, Exeter, EX2 8PF including their full name, address, date of birth and telephone number for each patient wishing to join the practice.