New mural for Braunton primary school
- Credit: Archant
Volunteers transformed the outdoor play area into a colourful creation thanks to a donation of paint.
SOUTHMEAD Primary School has unveiled a brand new mural thanks to a generous donation of paint.
Staff at the school in Braunton set to work transforming the outdoor play area for the pupils after teacher Liz Wilde nominated the project for the Dulux Let’s Colour scheme.
Liz said: “We are extremely grateful for the generous paint donation, which has helped us turn what was a scruffy and uninspiring patio area into a bright, colourful outdoor play area for our pupils.
“We’ve had plenty of positive feedback from the children and their families already, with some saying the paintwork makes them feel proud to come to this school.
You may also want to watch:
“One of our children even said it makes them feel like they’re on holiday, which is lovely to hear.”
The paint was donated by the Dulux Decorator Centres in Exeter.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 9 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
Store manager Tim Lewis said: “It’s been a pleasure to support Southmead Primary School with this design project.
“The volunteers have done a brilliant job and we’re glad the school is looking really smart for the start of a new term.”