New mobile takeaway puts chips on the menu
- Credit: Archant
The Whiddon Wagon will be available to hire as well as visiting rural villages during the week.
COUPLES who want to put something a bit unusual on the menu at their wedding can now take advantage of a brand new fish and chip wagon.
The Whiddon Wagon has been launched by the Whiddon Valley Fryer in Barnstaple and will be available for weddings, festivals and shows.
The vehicle was bought and refitted with funding from Natwest and Cheryl Dimelow, who runs the chip shop along with her husband Bruce and daughter Heather Dennis, is hoping it will be a hit.
She said: “It is something different, and it’s a lot cheaper to do fish and chips than a sit-down meal.
You may also want to watch:
“A lot of young people are looking for ways of being able to have a wedding and to provide a very good meal but at a reasonable cost.
“We will be doing customised boxes so the couple can have their names or their picture on them – it will be tailored to their needs.”
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 9 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 10 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
The van will do weddings and festivals at weekends and head out to rural villages during weekday evenings.