New mobile takeaway puts chips on the menu
- Credit: Archant
The Whiddon Wagon will be available to hire as well as visiting rural villages during the week.
COUPLES who want to put something a bit unusual on the menu at their wedding can now take advantage of a brand new fish and chip wagon.
The Whiddon Wagon has been launched by the Whiddon Valley Fryer in Barnstaple and will be available for weddings, festivals and shows.
The vehicle was bought and refitted with funding from Natwest and Cheryl Dimelow, who runs the chip shop along with her husband Bruce and daughter Heather Dennis, is hoping it will be a hit.
She said: “It is something different, and it’s a lot cheaper to do fish and chips than a sit-down meal.
You may also want to watch:
“A lot of young people are looking for ways of being able to have a wedding and to provide a very good meal but at a reasonable cost.
“We will be doing customised boxes so the couple can have their names or their picture on them – it will be tailored to their needs.”
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 5 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 6 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 7 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 8 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 9 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 10 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
The van will do weddings and festivals at weekends and head out to rural villages during weekday evenings.