New mayor-elect for Ilfracombe
Former mayor will return to the mayoral hotseat this May.
FORMER Ilfracombe Mayor, Councillor Lynda Courtnadge has been chosen as the town’s mayor-elect for the coming council year.
Mrs Courtnadge, who stood as mayor in 2005, will be formally installed into office at the Annual Mayor Making Ceremony in May.
She owns the Westaway guest house with husband Richard and joined the council after winning a seat on the central ward in 2003.
Joining her as deputy mayor is Councillor Peter Rawle, who joined the council as a member for the west ward last year following the May elections.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Rawle has been involved with a variety of community organisations, as a founder member of the Civic Trust, North Devon Marine Conservation Society plus Ilfracombe and District Tourism association.
He has also been involved with the RNLI, trustee of Ilfracombe Yacht Club and treasurer of the Harbour Board.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 4 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 5 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 6 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses