New maps signpost the way for shoppers
BID Barnstaple initiative will help visitors to find their way around the town.
NEW maps have been installed in two Barnstaple car parks to help visitors find their way around town centre shops and businesses.
The maps, attached to the back of tariff boards in the Cattle Market and Queen Street car parks, list businesses by category and are the first of a series being planned for strategic areas in and around the town.
The larger versions of the pocket-sized Barnstaple Town Map and Business Guide have been produced by BID Barnstaple and will be updated once a year to reflect any changes.
“They are printed on a tough, anti-graffiti background, encased in a metal frame and easily replaced every year when we update the map,” said Sue Rawle, BID co-ordinator.”
You may also want to watch:
“The more we can help people to find their way around the town and discover the range of shops and businesses that are on offer, the better.
“We first brought out the paper version of the maps last year and sent them out across Devon and into North Cornwall and also Somerset to promote Barnstaple as a shopping destination.
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 3 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 6 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 7 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 8 Equestrian star celebrates with sporting royalty
- 9 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 10 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
“We have reproduced an updated version of the map again this year, and are encouraging businesses to hold paper copies on their counters for customers.
“Now with the large version on show in prominent positions we hope it will add to the shopping experience.”