New maps signpost the way for shoppers
BID Barnstaple initiative will help visitors to find their way around the town.
NEW maps have been installed in two Barnstaple car parks to help visitors find their way around town centre shops and businesses.
The maps, attached to the back of tariff boards in the Cattle Market and Queen Street car parks, list businesses by category and are the first of a series being planned for strategic areas in and around the town.
The larger versions of the pocket-sized Barnstaple Town Map and Business Guide have been produced by BID Barnstaple and will be updated once a year to reflect any changes.
“They are printed on a tough, anti-graffiti background, encased in a metal frame and easily replaced every year when we update the map,” said Sue Rawle, BID co-ordinator.”
You may also want to watch:
“The more we can help people to find their way around the town and discover the range of shops and businesses that are on offer, the better.
“We first brought out the paper version of the maps last year and sent them out across Devon and into North Cornwall and also Somerset to promote Barnstaple as a shopping destination.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 4 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 5 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 6 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 7 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 8 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 9 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 10 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
“We have reproduced an updated version of the map again this year, and are encouraging businesses to hold paper copies on their counters for customers.
“Now with the large version on show in prominent positions we hope it will add to the shopping experience.”