New loos for South Molton town centre
NEW public toilets are to be provided in South Molton town centre thanks to an agreement between the town council and North Devon Council. The authorities aqre forming a funding partnership so that the current facilities in the Pannier Market can be upgr
NEW public toilets are to be provided in South Molton town centre thanks to an agreement between the town council and North Devon Council.
The authorities are forming a funding partnership so that the current facilities in the Pannier Market can be upgraded.
Cllr Rodney Cann, Lead Member for Works and Recycling at North Devon Council, said: "We're pleased to be moving forward on providing new toilets for South Molton and are delighted to be working alongside the town council to achieve it.
"The proposals are for the existing toilets to be knocked down and replaced with brand new, state-of-the-art loos, with the design respecting the historic market and Town Hall."
You may also want to watch:
It is hoped an agreement can be drawn up between the two councils by October to enable work to start on the new facilities as soon as possible.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 9 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 10 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president