New loos for South Molton town centre
NEW public toilets are to be provided in South Molton town centre thanks to an agreement between the town council and North Devon Council. The authorities aqre forming a funding partnership so that the current facilities in the Pannier Market can be upgr
NEW public toilets are to be provided in South Molton town centre thanks to an agreement between the town council and North Devon Council.
The authorities are forming a funding partnership so that the current facilities in the Pannier Market can be upgraded.
Cllr Rodney Cann, Lead Member for Works and Recycling at North Devon Council, said: "We're pleased to be moving forward on providing new toilets for South Molton and are delighted to be working alongside the town council to achieve it.
"The proposals are for the existing toilets to be knocked down and replaced with brand new, state-of-the-art loos, with the design respecting the historic market and Town Hall."
You may also want to watch:
It is hoped an agreement can be drawn up between the two councils by October to enable work to start on the new facilities as soon as possible.
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 5 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 6 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 7 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 8 Meet former Children's Laureate Michael Morpurgo in Barnstaple
- 9 Barnstaple Waterstones to host first event since March 2020
- 10 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station