New loos for South Molton town centre
NEW public toilets are to be provided in South Molton town centre thanks to an agreement between the town council and North Devon Council. The authorities aqre forming a funding partnership so that the current facilities in the Pannier Market can be upgr
NEW public toilets are to be provided in South Molton town centre thanks to an agreement between the town council and North Devon Council.
The authorities are forming a funding partnership so that the current facilities in the Pannier Market can be upgraded.
Cllr Rodney Cann, Lead Member for Works and Recycling at North Devon Council, said: "We're pleased to be moving forward on providing new toilets for South Molton and are delighted to be working alongside the town council to achieve it.
"The proposals are for the existing toilets to be knocked down and replaced with brand new, state-of-the-art loos, with the design respecting the historic market and Town Hall."
You may also want to watch:
It is hoped an agreement can be drawn up between the two councils by October to enable work to start on the new facilities as soon as possible.
- 1 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 2 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 3 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 4 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 5 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 6 Covid delays Barnstaple councillor's trial again
- 7 'Bonkers' idea led to the creation of Children's Hospice South West
- 8 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 9 I'm Still Standing: Ambulance worker's battle against the darkness
- 10 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling