New loos for South Molton town centre
NEW public toilets are to be provided in South Molton town centre thanks to an agreement between the town council and North Devon Council. The authorities aqre forming a funding partnership so that the current facilities in the Pannier Market can be upgr
NEW public toilets are to be provided in South Molton town centre thanks to an agreement between the town council and North Devon Council.
The authorities are forming a funding partnership so that the current facilities in the Pannier Market can be upgraded.
Cllr Rodney Cann, Lead Member for Works and Recycling at North Devon Council, said: "We're pleased to be moving forward on providing new toilets for South Molton and are delighted to be working alongside the town council to achieve it.
"The proposals are for the existing toilets to be knocked down and replaced with brand new, state-of-the-art loos, with the design respecting the historic market and Town Hall."
You may also want to watch:
It is hoped an agreement can be drawn up between the two councils by October to enable work to start on the new facilities as soon as possible.
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 3 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 4 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 5 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 6 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 7 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 8 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 9 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 10 Flags fly at half mast across North Devon for Prince Philip