New lease of life for empty South Molton shop
A PROMINENT South Molton shop that has stood empty for more than a year is to get a new lease of life later this month and create 20 new jobs in the town. The former Kingdons Home Hardware store on South Street will reopen as value retailer The Original F
A PROMINENT South Molton shop that has stood empty for more than a year is to get a new lease of life later this month and create 20 new jobs in the town.
The former Kingdons Home Hardware store on South Street will reopen as value retailer The Original Factory Shop on Monday, June 29.
The firm has invested more than �250,000 in the 5,000sq ft low price department store and will offer an extensive range of men's, ladies' and children's fashions, as well as homewares, electricals and toiletries, including a large selection of discounted branded goods.
The South Molton Original Factory Shop will be the firm's 113th UK store.
You may also want to watch:
Area Manager, Fran Araghi, said she was confident that the new shop would play a important role in the local community and bring some much needed "retail therapy" to South Molton in testing economic times.
"There's already a real buzz about us opening, with people looking forward to getting genuine bargains," she said.
- 1 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 2 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 3 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 4 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 5 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 6 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 7 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 8 Barnstaple flood prevention scheme at least two years away
- 9 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 10 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone
"The store will bring great value and unbeatable prices to the town. Our aim is to be an integral and valuable member of the community - we want to be an active member of it and help and support local people in as many ways as we are able."
Kingdons Home Hardware store opened in 1965 and closed in December 2007 with the loss of 11 jobs. The hardware shop was part of Kingdon's Ltd, one of South Molton's largest, longest established firms but ceased trading due to "commercial pressures".
The firm, established in 1940 and known for many years as M K South Molton, closed its builders' merchants yard at the same time with a loss of 15 members of staff.