New lease of life for empty South Molton shop
A PROMINENT South Molton shop that has stood empty for more than a year is to get a new lease of life later this month and create 20 new jobs in the town. The former Kingdons Home Hardware store on South Street will reopen as value retailer The Original F
A PROMINENT South Molton shop that has stood empty for more than a year is to get a new lease of life later this month and create 20 new jobs in the town.
The former Kingdons Home Hardware store on South Street will reopen as value retailer The Original Factory Shop on Monday, June 29.
The firm has invested more than �250,000 in the 5,000sq ft low price department store and will offer an extensive range of men's, ladies' and children's fashions, as well as homewares, electricals and toiletries, including a large selection of discounted branded goods.
The South Molton Original Factory Shop will be the firm's 113th UK store.
You may also want to watch:
Area Manager, Fran Araghi, said she was confident that the new shop would play a important role in the local community and bring some much needed "retail therapy" to South Molton in testing economic times.
"There's already a real buzz about us opening, with people looking forward to getting genuine bargains," she said.
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 5 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 6 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 7 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 8 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 9 Legg Power in ChemoHero fundraising
- 10 Council leader calls Government 'incompetent' and warns of 'winter of discontent'
"The store will bring great value and unbeatable prices to the town. Our aim is to be an integral and valuable member of the community - we want to be an active member of it and help and support local people in as many ways as we are able."
Kingdons Home Hardware store opened in 1965 and closed in December 2007 with the loss of 11 jobs. The hardware shop was part of Kingdon's Ltd, one of South Molton's largest, longest established firms but ceased trading due to "commercial pressures".
The firm, established in 1940 and known for many years as M K South Molton, closed its builders' merchants yard at the same time with a loss of 15 members of staff.