New ‘inside-out’ art gallery coming to Ilfracombe
- Credit: GBA
An exciting new ‘inside-out’ art gallery is coming to Ilfracombe.
Abstract artist Glen Berning, who used to run the Blacksands restaurant in the town, has turned the space into a living gallery and studio.
“It’s been two years in the preparation but I’m really looking forward to presenting my work in the converted space where art lovers will be able to watch me work as well as just browse,” said Glen.
Glen had a thriving career spanning three decades in the London graphic design and marketing industry, but was always drawn to the sea.
The studio gallery, on St James Place diagonally opposite the Admiral Collingwood, will open on Sunday, August 1, and will be open Saturday and Sunday this summer from 12pm to 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
It will have an indoor area and sheltered outdoor space to show off some of the artist’s unique pieces, which change with the light.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 4 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 5 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 6 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's