New Ilfracombe sergeant keen to forge local links
- Credit: Archant
Sergeant Paul Jones appointed as Neighbourhood Team leader for Ilfracombe and Braunton.
THE new police sergeant for Ilfracombe and Braunton is determined to continue working closely with local people as he takes charge of policing in both communities.
Sergeant Paul Jones has been appointed Neighbourhood Team Leader for the two areas, following four years in the same role at Barnstaple.
He will lead a team of three constables and seven PCSOs, working alongside response and CID officers based at Ilfracombe and Barnstaple.
With a career that spans 25 years, Sgt Jones began with Greater Manchester Police and in 2000 was seconded to the United Nations for a year, working with local police in Bosnia.
You may also want to watch:
He moved to North Devon in 2002 and was a response sergeant in Ilfracombe for four years, then Barnstaple Neighbourhood Team Leader for another four.
“I have worked within neighbourhood policing for the majority of my career and passionately believe that it can impact positively on people’s lives,” he said.
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 9 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 10 Lockdown breaker caught dealing cannabis in Barnstaple
“The police are most effective when working in partnership with other agencies and the public alike and I am determined that continues locally.
“Crime remains low in this area and continues to fall despite well documented pressures within society. This is down to the excellent partnerships I’ve already described.”
Sgt Jones says he is looking forward to meeting as many people as possible. He can be contacted via the police non-emergency number 101 or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org.