New homes plan for Barnstaple garden centre
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Planning consent would unlock St John’s relocation to Roundswell.
PLANS to demolish St John’s Garden Centre in Barnstaple to make way for 42 new homes have been submitted to North Devon Council.
An application submitted this week seeks consent to develop the existing site at Newport with a mix of two, three and four bedroom homes.
As reported by the Gazette in April, the business has already been given permission to build a brand new garden centre alongside the A39 at Roundswell.
Director Nick Oliver said the move was dependent on planning permission for the current site.
You may also want to watch:
According to a design statement submitted as part of the planning application, the development had been designed to minimise the impact on neighbouring properties.
Access would be via St John’s Lane.
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 9 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 10 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
Members of the public have until November 15 to comment on the proposals.