New homes plan for Barnstaple garden centre
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Planning consent would unlock St John’s relocation to Roundswell.
PLANS to demolish St John’s Garden Centre in Barnstaple to make way for 42 new homes have been submitted to North Devon Council.
An application submitted this week seeks consent to develop the existing site at Newport with a mix of two, three and four bedroom homes.
As reported by the Gazette in April, the business has already been given permission to build a brand new garden centre alongside the A39 at Roundswell.
Director Nick Oliver said the move was dependent on planning permission for the current site.
You may also want to watch:
According to a design statement submitted as part of the planning application, the development had been designed to minimise the impact on neighbouring properties.
Access would be via St John’s Lane.
- 1 A361 Link Road closed after three vehicle crash
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 5 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 6 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 7 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 8 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 9 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 10 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
Members of the public have until November 15 to comment on the proposals.