New help group for bereaved in North Devon
A new support group is being set up in North Devon to help men and women who are not yet 50 years of age but have lost a partner through bereavement. The Way Foundation is a national charity with local branches which can help the bereaved spouses meet oth
A new support group is being set up in North Devon to help men and women who are not yet 50 years of age but have lost a partner through bereavement.
The Way Foundation is a national charity with local branches which can help the bereaved spouses meet others in the same boat for friendship, social activities and support.
The North Devon co-ordinator is Simon Harvey, who said he was keen to set up an active group because until now local Way members had to travel to Exeter if they wished to meet up with their nearest group.
"Having suffered my own loss six years ago when my wife died, I learnt first hand how it felt to lose a partner," he said.
You may also want to watch:
"Discovering the Way Foundation gave me an opportunity to meet others who had been through their own loss and I then realised I wasn't alone.
"The North Devon group will meet shortly and activities will be organised for the next six months. We're looking at meals out, walks, or maybe a picnic or outdoor trip."
- 1 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 4 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 5 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 9 Charity staff praised for support helping customers get online
- 10 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
Anyone in North Devon who would like to become a member or find out more about the Way Foundation can call 0870 011 3450 or email email@example.com.