New head for Great Torrington School
GREAT Torrington Community School and Sports College has announced the appointment of a new head teacher. Miss Tracey Amos will take over the post at the start of the winter term in September, with the retirement of present head Mrs Di Nicholson after 11
GREAT Torrington Community School and Sports College has announced the appointment of a new head teacher.
Miss Tracey Amos will take over the post at the start of the winter term in September, with the retirement of present head Mrs Di Nicholson after 11 years in the post.
Miss Amos, who is currently vice principal at Honiton Community College, has expressed her delight at the opportunity of taking over a high-achieving school at the beginning of its next stage of development.
It was recently announced that Great Torrington School is investigating the introduction of a sixth form to provide skill-based education and training in association with other schools and colleges.
You may also want to watch:
There was to have been a public consultation meeting on the sixth form plan this Thursday (April 22), but because several of the participants involved are unavailable, this meeting has been postponed to a later date.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 8 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 9 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 10 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley