New growth fund 'will help North Devon'
LIBERAL Democrat Leader and Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg has launched a �1bn Regional Growth Fund to help communities that may be particularly affected by public spending cuts. Nick Harvey MP has today described the move as a vital step in protecting
LIBERAL Democrat Leader and Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg has launched a �1bn Regional Growth Fund to help communities that may be particularly affected by public spending cuts.
Nick Harvey MP has today described the move as a vital step in protecting jobs and promoting growth in North Devon.
He said: "The reckless Labour government left the country nearly bankrupt, with an unprecedented challenge ahead.
"The Coalition Government has had to make incredibly difficult choices, but the Liberal Democrats are helping ensure that no community gets left behind.
You may also want to watch:
"We can now deliver a more focused approach in North Devon and provide more business support, encourage entrepreneurs and protect jobs."
Speaking in Bradford after the first regional Coalition Cabinet meeting, Nick Clegg said: "The Regional Growth Fund will create the conditions for growth and enterprise by stimulating investment and creating sustainable private sector jobs.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 4 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 5 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 6 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
"Alongside our commitment to waive some employment taxes for new businesses starting up in targeted regions of the country, this fund can make a real difference to companies during difficult times.