New growth fund 'will help North Devon'
LIBERAL Democrat Leader and Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg has launched a �1bn Regional Growth Fund to help communities that may be particularly affected by public spending cuts. Nick Harvey MP has today described the move as a vital step in protecting
LIBERAL Democrat Leader and Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg has launched a �1bn Regional Growth Fund to help communities that may be particularly affected by public spending cuts.
Nick Harvey MP has today described the move as a vital step in protecting jobs and promoting growth in North Devon.
He said: "The reckless Labour government left the country nearly bankrupt, with an unprecedented challenge ahead.
"The Coalition Government has had to make incredibly difficult choices, but the Liberal Democrats are helping ensure that no community gets left behind.
You may also want to watch:
"We can now deliver a more focused approach in North Devon and provide more business support, encourage entrepreneurs and protect jobs."
Speaking in Bradford after the first regional Coalition Cabinet meeting, Nick Clegg said: "The Regional Growth Fund will create the conditions for growth and enterprise by stimulating investment and creating sustainable private sector jobs.
- 1 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 2 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 3 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 4 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 5 Barnstaple Enterprise Hub 'Node' launches to support local businesses
- 6 Holsworthy solicitor praised by guide to UK’s top lawyers
- 7 Cook book to help in Afghanistan produced in South Molton
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 10 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
"Alongside our commitment to waive some employment taxes for new businesses starting up in targeted regions of the country, this fund can make a real difference to companies during difficult times.