New growth fund 'will help North Devon'
LIBERAL Democrat Leader and Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg has launched a �1bn Regional Growth Fund to help communities that may be particularly affected by public spending cuts. Nick Harvey MP has today described the move as a vital step in protecting
LIBERAL Democrat Leader and Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg has launched a �1bn Regional Growth Fund to help communities that may be particularly affected by public spending cuts.
Nick Harvey MP has today described the move as a vital step in protecting jobs and promoting growth in North Devon.
He said: "The reckless Labour government left the country nearly bankrupt, with an unprecedented challenge ahead.
"The Coalition Government has had to make incredibly difficult choices, but the Liberal Democrats are helping ensure that no community gets left behind.
You may also want to watch:
"We can now deliver a more focused approach in North Devon and provide more business support, encourage entrepreneurs and protect jobs."
Speaking in Bradford after the first regional Coalition Cabinet meeting, Nick Clegg said: "The Regional Growth Fund will create the conditions for growth and enterprise by stimulating investment and creating sustainable private sector jobs.
- 1 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 2 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 3 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 4 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 5 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 6 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 7 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 8 Barnstaple flood prevention scheme at least two years away
- 9 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 10 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone
"Alongside our commitment to waive some employment taxes for new businesses starting up in targeted regions of the country, this fund can make a real difference to companies during difficult times.