New growth fund 'will help North Devon'
LIBERAL Democrat Leader and Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg has launched a �1bn Regional Growth Fund to help communities that may be particularly affected by public spending cuts. Nick Harvey MP has today described the move as a vital step in protecting
LIBERAL Democrat Leader and Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg has launched a �1bn Regional Growth Fund to help communities that may be particularly affected by public spending cuts.
Nick Harvey MP has today described the move as a vital step in protecting jobs and promoting growth in North Devon.
He said: "The reckless Labour government left the country nearly bankrupt, with an unprecedented challenge ahead.
"The Coalition Government has had to make incredibly difficult choices, but the Liberal Democrats are helping ensure that no community gets left behind.
You may also want to watch:
"We can now deliver a more focused approach in North Devon and provide more business support, encourage entrepreneurs and protect jobs."
Speaking in Bradford after the first regional Coalition Cabinet meeting, Nick Clegg said: "The Regional Growth Fund will create the conditions for growth and enterprise by stimulating investment and creating sustainable private sector jobs.
- 1 Chivenor marines among UK troops hit by Norway Covid outbreak
- 2 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 3 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 4 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 5 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 6 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 7 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 8 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 9 Football league teams up with Northern Devon Foodbank
- 10 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
"Alongside our commitment to waive some employment taxes for new businesses starting up in targeted regions of the country, this fund can make a real difference to companies during difficult times.