New festival for Appledore
APPLEDORE’S popular arts festival is taking a year off, but the community is making sure that the village’s annual tradition of a summer festival attraction will be maintained.
Instigated by the West Quay Fundraisers charity group, two public meetings have been held in the village to gather support for an Appledore Summer Festival.
It has been dubbed a ‘DIY festival’ for there is to be no fixed agenda, with local groups and individuals coming forward to do whatever they can to create a fun event, without funding and with everything free.
To take place from June 3-5, there are already plans for stalls and entertainments on the Quay, flags and bunting, open gardens and the village’s famous decorated door knockers, plus an art exhibition, craft fair and workshops.
“We are hoping that everyone will play their part to make this a fun event for all and make the village festive,” said Fundraisers chairman Penny Woolaway.
Another public meeting is being held in the church hall at 7pm on May 9 to finalise arrangements.
- 1 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 2 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation
- 3 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 4 OPINION: Realising the full potential of the Celtic Sea - Selaine Saxby
- 5 Hip-hop comes to Torrington Dental Practice
- 6 Property of the Week: Hanson Park - Northam
- 7 OPINION: Myth busting the Green Lanes purchase - David Worden
- 8 Hero soldier auctioning medals to provide ‘best opportunities’ for his children
- 9 Bring the children to see Santa at Chivenor Christmas Craft Market
- 10 Get dressed up to Race the Reindeer in Bideford this Christmas