New festival for Appledore
APPLEDORE’S popular arts festival is taking a year off, but the community is making sure that the village’s annual tradition of a summer festival attraction will be maintained.
Instigated by the West Quay Fundraisers charity group, two public meetings have been held in the village to gather support for an Appledore Summer Festival.
It has been dubbed a ‘DIY festival’ for there is to be no fixed agenda, with local groups and individuals coming forward to do whatever they can to create a fun event, without funding and with everything free.
To take place from June 3-5, there are already plans for stalls and entertainments on the Quay, flags and bunting, open gardens and the village’s famous decorated door knockers, plus an art exhibition, craft fair and workshops.
“We are hoping that everyone will play their part to make this a fun event for all and make the village festive,” said Fundraisers chairman Penny Woolaway.
You may also want to watch:
Another public meeting is being held in the church hall at 7pm on May 9 to finalise arrangements.
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 3 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 4 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 5 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 6 5-year-old Emily signs up to Appledore RNLI Mayday Mile Event
- 7 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 8 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 9 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 10 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl