New facilities for South Molton Football Club
BRAND new toilet and changing facilities have been completed at South Molton Football Club. North Devon Council has part-funded the new facility using money from contributions made by developers as part of the conditions of their planning permission. T
BRAND new toilet and changing facilities have been completed at South Molton Football Club. North Devon Council has part-funded the new facility using money from contributions made by developers as part of the conditions of their planning permission.
The new facility will now allow players to get ready at the ground and make it easier to host matches.
Councillor Sue Sewell, Ward Member for South Molton, said: "As ward members for South Molton, both David Worden and I were delighted to allow the developers' contributions to be used on the much needed and long awaited toilet and changing facility at the football club. We are pleased to fund this and hope to continue to help fund sporting activities in the future particularly for South Molton."
John Parkhouse, member of South Molton Football Club, said: "Before the new facilities were completed what the club had was almost medieval; there were no flushing toilets on the site. I have had some experience of working with planners and funders but Councillors David Worden, Sue Sewell and Jeremy Yabsley, as well as both North Devon Council and Devon County Council have all been supportive and helped to deliver the toilet block."
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Dick Jones, Lead Member for Community and Leisure, said: "One of the roles of North Devon Council is to help provide new facilities in the community. The open space contributions help the council to do this beyond the original development and give communities exactly what they want. South Molton Football Club was in desperate need of a toilet and changing facility which the Council has been able to provide to benefit the club now and in the future."
The football ground is home to a large number of players in both junior and senior teams.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 3 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 4 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 5 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 6 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 7 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 8 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses