New events for Westward Ho! Potwalloping Festival
THE line-up for this year s Westward Ho! Potwalloping Festival is already looking good, with many new family-friendly events and participants confirmed as taking part. These include Samba DX, Dance Fit Belly dancing, Dog Agility with Devon Dogs, Jays An
THE line-up for this year's Westward Ho! Potwalloping Festival is already looking good, with many new family-friendly events and participants confirmed as taking part.
These include Samba DX, Dance Fit Belly dancing, Dog Agility with Devon Dogs, Jays Angels Majorettes, Ready Steady Cook and Westward Ho! Youth Club, who will be organising activities for families and young people at the clubhouse.
A Potwalloping Family Variety Show in the Kingsley Hall is another new event. If you are a performer and would like to take part in the show, contact Pete on 0787 868 8007 for further information.
There will be a real mix of musical genre in the marquee each night, with Tequila Rockingbird, Jax, Maybe Naked, The Midnight Toys and Sherry's Singing Club joining the ever-popular Wilderland, Zamba and Dambuskers.
You may also want to watch:
During the day, local folk and acoustic musicians will be welcome to play for both their own enjoyment and for that of festival visitors on the putting green.
This long established community festival runs for three days from May 29-31and is free to all, thanks to performers and organisers volunteering their services.
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 4 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 5 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 6 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 7 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 8 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 9 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 10 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
The only exception is the charity fundraising Open Gardens. If you are a gardener who might like to open for this event or wish more details, contact Ray or Ann on 01237 423292 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
More information, including programme outlets, is available on the website www.potwalloping.co.uk. Or call 0798 0420 754.