New designs for Dartington Crystal
- Credit: Archant
Designer will be working with the company to launch a new collection of decorated glasses.
DARTINGTON Crystal has teamed up with a new designer to launch a new collection of decorated glasses.
Julie Dodsworth’s artistic ventures began when she tried to replicate traditional canal boat art for her own narrow boat.
But her designs became adopted by several leading gift and home ware brands to create successful ranges.
Neil Hughes, managing director of Dartington, said: “When Julie’s fresh and engaging style came to our attention its potential was immediately obvious to us.
You may also want to watch:
“As well as the commercial appeal of her work she has developed a growing network of customers and other licensed suppliers that we can work through.”
Julie was recently given a tour of the factory and said she was ‘thrilled’ that Dartington wanted to work with her.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 8 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 9 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 10 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
She said: “The Dartington team and their approach are a perfect match for me.
“We are now looking forward to a great partnership together.”