New designs for Dartington Crystal
- Credit: Archant
Designer will be working with the company to launch a new collection of decorated glasses.
DARTINGTON Crystal has teamed up with a new designer to launch a new collection of decorated glasses.
Julie Dodsworth’s artistic ventures began when she tried to replicate traditional canal boat art for her own narrow boat.
But her designs became adopted by several leading gift and home ware brands to create successful ranges.
Neil Hughes, managing director of Dartington, said: “When Julie’s fresh and engaging style came to our attention its potential was immediately obvious to us.
You may also want to watch:
“As well as the commercial appeal of her work she has developed a growing network of customers and other licensed suppliers that we can work through.”
Julie was recently given a tour of the factory and said she was ‘thrilled’ that Dartington wanted to work with her.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 6 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 7 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 8 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
She said: “The Dartington team and their approach are a perfect match for me.
“We are now looking forward to a great partnership together.”