New deli enjoys ‘brisk trade’
A new deli that opened in North Devon this week is hoping to supply an exciting range of fresh and largely local produce.
A NEW deli has opened in Bideford this week offering an Aladdin’s cave for food lovers.
Blazeys Deli was officially opened on Monday in Mill Street, and owners Angela and Steve Blazey, who also own Blazeys of Bideford, felt it filled a gap in the market.
They commented: “Customers, locals and tourists all gave a fantastic response when we sounded them out on the idea so after discussing it with the manageress, Sally Shepherd, we all decided to go ahead with the plan.
“There has been a lot of excitement in the town and a preview opening party was well attended by local folk who all gave the new deli the thumbs up.
You may also want to watch:
“At Blazeys we are so happy to be bucking the current trend in the British high street by expanding and diversifying, bringing something new to Bideford; and Bideford proving that it is a thriving town.”
The shop was officially opened on Monday by local celebrity duck, Star, and was reported to have enjoyed a brisk trade throughout the day.
- 1 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 2 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 3 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 4 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 5 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 6 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 7 Rotarians have great time helping Lampard School pupils
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Plans to demolish and redevelop Barnstaple Civic Centre finally submitted