New deli enjoys ‘brisk trade’
A new deli that opened in North Devon this week is hoping to supply an exciting range of fresh and largely local produce.
A NEW deli has opened in Bideford this week offering an Aladdin’s cave for food lovers.
Blazeys Deli was officially opened on Monday in Mill Street, and owners Angela and Steve Blazey, who also own Blazeys of Bideford, felt it filled a gap in the market.
They commented: “Customers, locals and tourists all gave a fantastic response when we sounded them out on the idea so after discussing it with the manageress, Sally Shepherd, we all decided to go ahead with the plan.
“There has been a lot of excitement in the town and a preview opening party was well attended by local folk who all gave the new deli the thumbs up.
You may also want to watch:
“At Blazeys we are so happy to be bucking the current trend in the British high street by expanding and diversifying, bringing something new to Bideford; and Bideford proving that it is a thriving town.”
The shop was officially opened on Monday by local celebrity duck, Star, and was reported to have enjoyed a brisk trade throughout the day.
- 1 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 2 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 3 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 4 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 5 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 6 North Devon Healthcare trust scores high in patient survey
- 7 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 10 Team to lead community-focussed Gazette into new era